These necklaces are made with beads of true Baltic Amber, which historically has been used as a traditional remedy and curative for many ailments for centuries. Amber itself is a fossilized tree resin, and when worn against the skin, the skins warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber, providing anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects'â€œ perfect to soothe a teething baby.
- Sizing: It should not be so loose that the child can lift it up into his/her mouth, but it should not be so tight that it will be uncomfortable. You should try the necklace on the baby to gauge the proper fit or measure using a piece of yarn.
- A genuine Baltic Amber teething necklace is a natural form of pain relief for teething babies. Amber itself is a fossilized tree resin and contains â€œsuccinic acidâ€ which, by body warmth, is released into the skin when worn. Succinic acid provides anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. For teething baby, this means pain relief and reduction of the inflammation of the gums that accompanies teething.
- Wearing the amber closest to the area of the pain provides the best benefit, that means around the neck, however, the bracelets can be an excellent choice to be worn on the ankle inside a sleeper, inaccessible to the child during sleep.
- Safety: You will notice that each bead is individually knotted on the string. This ensures that if the baby were to break the necklace, they would only be able to free one bead. Also, the beads are made smaller than the size of a pea, such that they can be safely swallowed should one come free. The plastic clasp at the back is free from all metals and allergens and is also held together by knots. This ensures if there were enough pressure placed on the necklace, the clasp would break open.
- The longer worn the better the effects.
- This product is not meant to be chewed or ingested.
- Only use under direct supervision.