Mary Pickersgill was an American business woman and well-known seamstress who created the Great Garrison Flag that flew during the 1814 Battle of Baltimore. Her flag, which was the largest garrison flag ever flown at the time, became the inspiration behind a poem written by Francis Scott Key now known as the United States National Anthem. Today, the original 30 by 42-foot flag created by Mary resides in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History. Aside from her flag making business, Mary also addressed social issues for disadvantaged women, including housing, employment and financial aid. As President of the Impartial Female Humane Society, she opened a home for elderly women that later expanded into an entire retirement community named in her honor, as was the World War II Liberty ship, the SS Mary Pickersgill.
The original bumGenius pocket design released in 2005, put bumGenius on the map as one of the best-selling cloth diapers in the world â€” and this top-rated cloth diaper just got even better! With an updated stay-dry inner fabric that stretches to provide a secure fit and a redesigned pocket that is more trim across the back, the bumGenius Original 5.0 also includes the same patented features that make bumGenius so genius! Adjustable sizing, snap closures and two inserts for customized absorbency make this a diaper for all needs: day or night, light or heavy wetters, small or big babies.
- Proprietary elastic designed specifically for cloth diapers
- Stretchy stay-dry lining is super soft , wicks moisture away from delicate skin, and provides a trim fit
- Waterproof outer cover with insert stopper at waistline prevents leaks
- Durable plastic snaps
- 3x3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 7-35+ pounds)
- Trim, snug and comfortable stretchy tabs provide a custom fit
- Pocket accommodates inserts for customized absorbency
- Diapers are bundled with two inserts: a newborn insert and a one-size insert for your older baby
- Newborn insert works as an overnight booster for older babies or as extra absorbency for heavy wetters
BumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers feature our patented butterfly closure system to provide a comfortable, trim fit. This simple design makes cloth diapering as easy as using disposables. The familiar design makes bumGenius one-size cloth diapers perfect for care providers who might be resistant to cloth diapering (including daycares).
BumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers fit most babies from 8 to 35+ pounds. No sorting by size or having to carry multiple diapers when going out. Using the snaps on the front of the diaper, adjust the size if needed, put on your baby, wash, dry and reuse. For newborns, fold down the insert stopper for an extra-small rise.The soft, waterproof outer fabric keeps the diaper trim on your newborn and toddler. Soft, sueded inner fabric gently wicks moisture away from your baby's skin. Stretchy, gentle leg and back elastic with rolled out casings keeps in the mess and helps to reduce red marks on babyâ€™s skin. Our unique covered slot opening keeps your baby protected from moisture.